With hard economic times this year, it’s becoming unbearable to budget for a smartphone or rather to buy a new Smartphone that costs a whooping 1000$. Hence the need to get a budget-friendly device that can serve your needs without compromising on any of the stuff that you value most.
Having in mind getting a good Smartphone can be tricky considering most companies produce many more phones that you can choose from. After intensive research, I got some good gadgets that you can check on, and please remember to use my link when buying.
The 6 key features considered were:-
- RAM and Internal Storage
- Battery life
- Fast charging
- Display size
(In case you just getting started, check out key feature to consider before buying a smartphone in 2020 https://ratwebtech.com/top-10-features-to-consider-when-buying-a-new-smartphone/)
The devices are randomly numbered but you can scroll to the end for BEST our choice and where to buy it.
1.MOTOROLA MOTO G8 ($189.99)
- Processor: Qualcomm SDM665 Snapdragon 665 Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Kryo 260 Gold + 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Silver)
- RAM: 4 GB
- Storage: 64 GB
- Display: 6.3 inches
- Camera: 48 MP (wide) + 16 MP (ultrawide) dedicated video camera (1080p) + 5 MP depth sensor
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh.
- Has a good processor
- Sizeable storage
- Good camera
- 15W fast-charger included
Well 4 GB RAM in 2020 really?!!
The overall rating is based on my review
|Design 8 / 10||Camera 9 / 10|
|Display 9 / 10||Connectivity 8 / 10|
|Features 8 / 10||Performance 8 / 10|
|Usability 9 / 10||Battery 8 / 10|
The Motorola Moto G8 Plus comes in different colors like Dark Blue and Dark Red. It features 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
The AnTuTu score of 167,860 points is slightly behind the 170,973 scored by the Redmi Note 8. … Regardless, the overall performance is well behind the Redmi Note 8 Pro, which is the real competitor for the Moto G8 Plus
2.REDMI NOTE 8
- Processor: Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Kryo 260 Gold + 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Silver)
- RAM: 3 GB, 4 GB
- Storage: 32 GB, 64 GB, 128 GB
- Display: 6.3 inches
- Camera: 48 MP (wide) + 8 MP (ultrawide) + 2 MP (dedicated macro camera) + 2 MP depth sensor lenses
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery + Fast battery charging 18W
The overall rating is based on my review and opinions
|Design 8 / 10||Display 9 / 10|
|Camera 8 /10||Features 8 / 10|
|Connectivity 9 / 10||Usability 9 / 10|
|Performance 8 / 10||Battery 9 / 10|
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T comes in different colors like Stellar blue, Moon white, and Midnight gray. It features 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 doesn’t have the greatest chipset or the best of cameras, but it’s not pretending to be the best phone ever either. It is one very balanced mid-ranger that’s priced as low as an entry-level smartphone and yet delivers outstanding quality across the board.
The Redmi Note 8 has an impressively bright and large screen, can handle demanding games well, and shoots good pictures day and night. Note 8 lasts very long on a single charge, just like the old Notes.
In AnTuTu test Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 4/64Gb got a score of 167833 points
|Android 10||Realme UI 1.0|
|3/4GB RAMHelio G80|
- Good-looking body, splash-resistant
- Large screen with excellent contrast
- Great for gaming, the Helio G80 is great under 720p screens
- Good photo and video quality with the main camera
- All-time chart-topping battery life
- Realme UI is clean and snappy on top of Android 10
- Low resolution screen
- No 4K videos, no EIS
- Mediocre selfie quality
- Realme offers better phones at the same price
In AnTuTu test Realme 6i got a score of 195993 points
4. Samsung Galaxy A11 178$
|Released 2020, May 01 177g,8mm thickness Android 10 32gb storage 6.4″ 720×1560 pixels 13MP 1080p 2/3GB RAM Snapdragon 450 4000mAh Li-Po|
i) Great Cameras for The Price
The back of the Galaxy A11 has three rear cameras: a 13-megapixel main camera, a 5-megapixel wide-angle camera, and a 2-megapixel depth camera. In the camera tests I have seen, the performance of the cameras are much better than I expected too.
The front camera is built into an Infinity-O cutout at the top-left corner. This way Samsung was able to keep the bezels extra-thin.
ii) 3.5mm Headphone Jack And USB-C
On the top of the Galaxy A11 is a 3.5mm headphone jack and it has a USB-C port for charging. It is uncommon to find both of these ports on a smartphone. Having both is a bonus.
iii) Decent Internal Components
Inside of the Galaxy A11 is a Snapdragon 450 chipset and 2GB of RAM. While that chipset is powerful enough to handle productivity, social media, and video stream apps, it is about three years old. That is one of the ways that Samsung was able to cut costs for this device.
iv) Solid Battery Life
Inside of the Galaxy A11 is a 4000 Mahers battery. This can last around two days with slightly active usage.
Plastic Exterior Attracts Smudges
The Galaxy A11 was designed with a plastic exterior, which attracts smudges and fingerprints so will constantly find yourself cleaning the device (unless you put a case on it).
The Galaxy A11 runs in 32-bit mode in order to keep the memory usage low. Android on the Galaxy A11 runs on 32-bit mode in order to keep memory usage down so you will not be able to use 64-bit apps — which includes certain games.
Lack Of NFC
The Galaxy A11 lacks NFC. This means that you will not be able to use your Galaxy A11 as a credit card with Google Play or Samsung Pay. But to Samsung’s credit, it is not really expected to have NFC built into other devices that are below $200.
In AnTuTu test mobile phone Samsung Galaxy A11 got a score of 88000 points
6. NOKIA 5.3
|185g, 8.5mm thickness|
|Released 2020,April 02|
|Android 10 Android one|
|64GB storage, microSDXC|
|3-6GB RAM Snapdragon 665|
- Affordable price;
- The presence of Android One;
- Decent performance;
- Front camera of medium quality;
- No wireless charging.
The smartphone perfectly copes with its main load.
Each product has its own consumer. This smartphone is aimed at people who like to sit on the Internet (a large enough screen allows you to watch movies and read books in comfort). You can also play various games on it, but not with too complicated strategies. You can quickly charge your smartphone using a special battery. But this speed can hardly be compared with analog models of other manufacturers.
The presence of updates adds a clear advantage to this model. After all, this provides her with uninterrupted functioning and the ability to keep up to date. As a result, Nokia created a good phone at an affordable price. We are waiting for new developments of better quality and functionality from the brand.
Nokia 5.3 antutu benchmark test. In AnTuTu test Nokia 5.3 got a score of 147114 point
7. Nokia 2.3
|Released 2019, December 2019|
|183g, 8.7mm thickness|
|android 9.0, up to Android 10, Android One|
|32gb storage, microsdxc|
|MT6761 Helio A22|
- Sharper and brighter large 6.2-inch capacitive multi-touch IPS LCD display with waterdrop notch 276 PPI and aspect ratio of 19: 9 gives a cinematic experience
- Super-efficient Android 10 Pie-based OS with Quad-core, 2 GHz, Cortex A53 processor with MediaTek Helio A22 Chipset which significantly gives a lag-free and smooth experience
- Exquisite 13MP + 2MP dual primary camera with AI night mode click magnificent shots and videos even in low light with dual-color LED flash
- 8MP front camera captures decent selfies
- Impressive 3GB RAM-Excellent for multitasking and heavy gaming
- Massive 4000 mAh battery gives long usage hours
- Elegant body and notch display give it a premium look
- 32GB internal memory which can be expanded up to 400GB gives ample space for data
- Biometric Face Unlock feature
- Google Assistant button
- No fingerprint sensor
- Non-removable battery
- No Infrared connectivity
- Has No Gorilla glass protection
- No wireless charging
- Lacks type – C connectivity
- No NFC connectivity
Nokia 2.3 antutu benchmark test. In AnTuTu test Nokia 2.3 got a score of 69311 points
|Release 2020 june 24|
|185g, 8.8mm thickness|
|MediaTek Helio A25|
- 48 MP main camera and 32 MP selfie available
- Huge 5100 mAh battery
- 10 W wireless charging available
- The average budgeting gaming experience
- Can record 4k video
- Without Gorilla glass protection
- single color and memory option
The Blu G90 Pro is a good smartphone released on August 25 in the budget price range. The company has improved a lot in the performance, cameras, and screen section with its non-pro model. The overall performance is good and a heavy game can also be played. We’ve already covered the Blu G90, if you want to compare the two phones, you can check.
Antutu of BLU G9 4GB · 64GB is 74.500 Antutu better than 56% of smartphones
9. REDMI NOTE 9s/ pro
|Released 2020 April|
|209g, 8.8mm thickness|
|Android 10, MIUI 11|
|64GB/128GB storage, microSDXC|
- Beautiful Gorilla Glass 5 body, splash resistance
- Large and bright LCD screen, HDR10 support
- Remarkable battery life
- Top-notch performance for this class
- Good photo and video quality for the class
- Latest Android and MIUI
- Realme offers 90Hz display for the same cash
- The uneven backlight around the notch is an eyesore
- The charging speed could have been faster
- No NFC
- Antutu of Xiaomi Redmi Note 9S Global · 4GB · 64GB is 274.596 (Antutu v8) Antutu better than 86% of smartphones
Rounding out this list,
The Redmi Note 9 is a darn impressive phone. The 6.53-inch Full HD+ display has very slim bezels and an unobtrusive hole-punch cutout for the selfie camera. Xiaomi also has a few fun colors to choose from, with Forest Green being our favorite.
Xiaomi’s custom MIUI software can feel rather bogged down at times, but in just about every regard, this is an astonishingly good phone.
Bottom line on Best Smartphone
Just a few years ago, $200 couldn’t buy you much in the way of a quality Android phone. In 2020, however, it’s quite surprising just how many options you have in such a low price segment. There are plenty of “cheap” Android phones that are actually pretty great. Out of everything currently available, we think the best Android phone under $200 is the Moto G Fast closely followed by the redmi note 9s
For the average person shopping for a new phone, the Moto G Fast is excellent. The display looks good enough, performance is great for most apps and light games, the three rear cameras are a bunch of fun to use, and that 4,000 mAh battery is a life-saver.
The other phones on this list are certainly worth checking out, too, but if you want to keep things simple, go with the Moto G Fast and continue on with your life. We think you’ll be really happy with it.